Different studies have stated that SARS-CoV-2 is primarily spreading through airborne transmission. This means that when an infected person sneezes, coughs or even breathes, certain particles of the saliva carrying coronavirus can stay suspended in the air for a long time. In air-conditioned environments where the same air is circulated many times over, the risk of airborne virus spread is manyfold. Since RBI Jammu had to continue its operations, the leadership was very concerned about the health and safety of their staff. RBI, Jammu was looking for a retrofit air sanitization solution for their air intake system that could eliminate the SARS-CoV-2 virus in the air & other airborne pathogens. The key focus was to keep the staff protected, reassured and confident against COVID- 19 spread, so they could continue to come to work.
Magneto CleanTech carried out the site survey detailing every air handling unit, evaluating the air intake units and returning air paths. To guarantee the smooth running of RBI Jammu’s operations and to ensure safety from SARS-CoV-2 inside the office premises, Magneto CleanTech proposed UVGI On Coil solution certified by CSIR and SGS for its on-site anti-microbial performance.
UVGI On Coil air sanitization system is designed to achieve a >99% inactivation rate against SARS-CoV- 2 virus and airborne pathogens.
Through Magneto’s proprietary CFD simulation software, 2-log reduction of the coronavirus was achieved with the UVGI system. A total of 8 existing Air Handling Units (AHUs) were retrofitted with Magneto's UVGI solution to completely disinfect the air. The installation was completed within 12 days instead of 3-weeks specified by RBI, Jammu.
- After the installation of UVGI technology for Coil, there was a significant reduction in the microbial burden.
- As the AHUs are upgraded with Magneto’s UVGI technology, RBI Jammu’s office premises are now “Virus-Free”.
- More than 50+people are completely protected from the airborne transmission of not just coronavirus, but all other bacteria and viruses like Tuberculosis, H1N1, common cold, etc.
- Magneto’s UVGI solution has reduced the maintenance requirements of AHUs as it eliminates the microbes on the coil and keeps the coil clean.
- The air handling unit’s life is extended with better cooling due to a clean coil and energy savings due to low-pressure drop.